Video Tutorial – Website Restore (Automatic)
We understand that your website is important to you. And if it gets hacked or stops functioning properly, you (and your business) will be in a state of emergency. Wouldn’t it be nice if restoring your website to a working, functioning version didn’t require 17 different steps, leaving you feeling like you’d rather jump through a fiery hoop? We think so too. In just a few clicks, CodeGuard’s automatic restore feature quickly restores your website to a working version on the day that you select!
We created a video showing you just how easy it is to use the automatic restore feature. This is our recommended option for restoring your website. For an automatic restore, we attempt to automatically restore your website by replacing ALL of your current content with content from a backup that you select.
Important Notes and Considerations
- You cannot initiate a restore while a backup is in progress.
- If your website has a database associated with it, we recommend that you always restore your database as well. If you don’t restore your database along with your website, we cannot guarantee that your restore will work properly. Often times there are important associations between databases and websites and when not synced up properly, can cause issues.
- Restores will take longer than a backup because a backup is actually performed before your site is restored.
- Restores typically take between 25 to 45 minutes to complete.
- Don’t make changes to your website until CodeGuard notifies you that the restore is complete (we’ll send you an email).
I don’t always restore, but when I do, I prefer Automatic!